In Minecraft, mushrooms are versatile items that can be used for various purposes, such as crafting mushroom stew, making fermented spider eyes, and decorating your base.
Guide on how to grow mushrooms in Minecraft
Step 1: Gather mushroom samples
Before you can grow mushrooms, you need to find and collect mushroom samples. There are two types of mushrooms in Minecraft: red and brown. You can find them in dark and moist areas, such as caves, swamps, and roofed forests.
Step 2: Find or create a suitable location
Mushrooms require specific conditions to grow. They need a light level of 12 or less to be planted and will grow only on certain blocks, such as grass, dirt, coarse dirt, podzol, and mycelium.
Step 3: Plant the mushrooms
Once you’ve found a suitable location, plant the mushrooms by right-clicking on the appropriate block with the mushroom in your hand. Ensure that the area is dark enough by checking the light level (F3 on Java Edition). Make sure there are no light-emitting blocks nearby.
Step 4: Grow the mushrooms
Mushrooms will grow slowly in the correct conditions, spreading to nearby blocks over time. If you want to speed up the process, you can use bone meal on the planted mushroom. Using bone meal will cause the mushroom to grow into a giant mushroom, which can be harvested for more mushrooms.
Step 5: Harvest the mushrooms To harvest mushrooms, simply break the mushroom blocks. For giant mushrooms, you may need an axe to speed up the process. Once harvested, the mushrooms will drop as items that you can collect.
Uses of mushrooms in Minecraft
- Mushroom Stew: Combine one red mushroom, one brown mushroom, and a bowl in your crafting interface to make mushroom stew. This item can be consumed to restore 6 hunger points and 7.2 saturation points.
- Fermented Spider Eye: Combine a brown mushroom, sugar, and a spider eye in your crafting interface to create a fermented spider eye. This item is an essential ingredient for brewing potions, such as the Potion of Weakness and Potion of Invisibility.
- Decoration: Both red and brown mushrooms can be used for aesthetic purposes in your base or garden. Plant them in dark corners or create a mushroom-themed area for a unique look.
- Mooshrooms: In the rare Mushroom Island biome, you can find unique cows called Mooshrooms. They are covered in mushroom growths and can be sheared to obtain mushrooms. Additionally, right-clicking a Mooshroom with a bowl will provide you with mushroom stew.
- Suspicious Stew: Crafted using a red or brown mushroom, a bowl, an oxeye daisy, and any other flower, Suspicious Stew provides various effects depending on the flower used. These effects range from beneficial, like regeneration, to harmful, like blindness.
- Banner Patterns: You can use red mushrooms to create the Mojang logo banner pattern. Combine a red mushroom with an enchanted golden apple and a banner in the loom interface to obtain the pattern.
- Mushroom Blocks: When you grow a mushroom into a giant mushroom using bone meal, it forms mushroom blocks. These blocks can be harvested and used as a building material or decorative block in your base or garden.
- Fuel Source: Although not the most efficient fuel source, dried kelp blocks can be used to smelt brown and red mushrooms in a furnace or smoker to create their respective mushroom blocks. These mushroom blocks can then be used as a fuel source for furnaces, blast furnaces, and smokers, each block smelting up to 2.5 items.
- Composting: Mushrooms can be placed into a composter, which has a 65% chance of raising the composter’s level by 1. Once the composter is full, it will produce bone meal, which can be used as a fertilizer or to grow more mushrooms.
- Mushroom Farming: By creating a dedicated mushroom farm, you can harvest a large number of mushrooms for various purposes, such as crafting stews, brewing potions, or creating decorations.
By following this guide, you can grow mushrooms and use them for various purposes in Minecraft. Whether you want to craft food items, create decorative builds, or brew potions, mushrooms provide valuable resources for your in-game adventures.
Mushroom Farming with Friends
In addition to the vanilla Minecraft experience, Bewildering Worlds offers both Minecraft and modded Minecraft hosting services. By choosing Bewildering Worlds as your game server host, you can enjoy a seamless and enhanced gaming experience that caters to your preferences. Explore various modpacks that introduce new and exciting game mechanics, including advanced mushroom farming techniques, additional mushroom types, and expanded uses for these versatile fungi. With reliable performance and support, Bewildering Worlds ensures that your Minecraft adventures are as enjoyable and immersive as possible, whether you’re playing vanilla or modded Minecraft.